Mission and Vision :
To generate power so as to mitigate the imbalance of power generation in the region thereby benefiting the State of Gujarat.
Details on Constitution :
BECL has been promoted to exploit the lignite resources available in the Bhavnagar district in the Saurashtra region for Power generation purpose. Hence, it was proposed to install 2 X 250 MW lignite based Thermal power Station at village Padva, taluka Ghogha of Bhavnagar district in Gujarat.
- Gujarat Power Corporation Limited
- Gujarat State Investment Limited
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corp. Ltd
- Gujarat Industries Power Company Limited
- Gujarat State Fertilizer Company Limited
- Gujarat Narmadavelly Fertilizer Company Limited
- Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited
- Date of Incorporation : 26th JULY, 2007
Authorised and paid up Share Capital
As on date, the Authorised Share Capital of BECL is Rs. 1251 Crores., divided to 85 crores Equity share to Rs. 10/- each.
The Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs. 846.0039 Crores.
|1||Shri P. K. Taneja, IAS (Retd.)||Chairman|
|2||Shri I. P. Gautam, IAS (Retd.)||Director|
|3||Shri Arun Kumar Solanki, IAS||Director|
|4||Smt. Shahmeena Husain, IAS||Director|
|5||Shri Milind Torawane, IAS||Director|
|6||Shri P. S. Shah, IAS (Retd.)||Independent Director|
|7||Shri V. D. Nanavaty||Director|
|8||Shri N. K. Singh||Director|
|9||Dr. H. B. Patel||Director|
|10||Ms. Meena Bhatt||Independent Director|